Your smile is one of the first things that people see and you want it to remain perfect for as long as possible. Unfortunately this is not usually the case – teeth can suffer damage for all sorts of reasons. They can chip, break at the edges, crack and even start to show signs of decay and staining. Dental bonding is the best procedure to correct these problems and restore your perfect teeth, or make them even better than they were before. When many people think about teeth repair veneers come to mind, but what they may not realize is that bonding will achieve more or less the same effect as dental veneers, cost less and take a much shorter time – your procedure can be complete in half an hour.
Who is a good candidate for dental bonding?
If you have any of the following problems you should talk to your dentist about dental bonding:
- If you have chipped teeth
- If they show signs of cracks
- If the edges of your teeth are uneven
- If your teeth show slight discoloration or staining
- If they are slightly crooked or misshapen
- If you have small cavities that can be sealed and covered up